Mini Apartment Tour

The week of classes beginning for the fall semester, I moved into my own apartment. It has been awhile since I've had a place of my own. I have college students for neighbors, but I live on the second floor and it is mostly peaceful. I have Sawyer and Nova (my cat!) here with me as well as my betta fish named Amos. Honestly I couldn't be happier. A move to town was just what I needed. Even though I can't really plant a garden or carry on with some of my homesteading hobbies, I can carry on with most! I still compost, but I save everything in a bag in the freezer and bring it with me when I go to mom's. I don't have to use my car as much because I can walk nearly everywhere.

Sawyer and I have taken to late night walking and usually travel an hour or more along the well-lit sidewalks. My hometown is very small and I know most everyone here (perks of working at the grocers). My very best college friends only live one house down from mine, so we take turns having movie night and dinner. I love it! I'm getting to practice (and show off) my cooking skills.

I love my little apartment, so enjoy the highlights!


Entryway. Front door of the house is my private entrance. There's just enough room for Sawyer's gear, shoes, coat, my bike, and some random boxes down there.

He wants you to play! Sometimes he drops the ball down the stairs so I will be forced to go and retrieve it.

The bathroom! I was hand-washing all my laundry for awhile - note the washboard from Lehman's!

My bedroom! It's nice and big. This is a two bedroom apartment, but when I didn't find a roommate, I took the bigger of the two. The second is serving as a tiny guest room right now.

My desk is also in my bedroom now! It was in the living room before, but now that I was gifted a tv and stand, it had to move!

Tiny kitchen. I'm not done decorating it yet, but the contact-paper backsplash is a huge improvement! I'm sorry I didn't get the whole thing. Today was not the kitchen's best looking day.

Dining/kitchen/living room combo. I don't have a lot of chairs and I intend to paint the table legs and that chair white at some point.

Living room!

My favorite living room shot! I put up the lights for Christmas, but they're staying up for good now! They are so charming in the room.

Until next time,

2 comments :

  1. So cute! Loving the wood floors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They definitely heavily weighed in on my decision!

      Delete