Homemade Lemonade

I'm a big fan of easy.

I'm a big fan of tastes good.

See where those two might not mix?

I dislike those lemonade recipes that call for a cooked syrup to mix with water. All that waiting for the syrup to cool down or adding lots of ice, which washes flavor away... Bah!

So here's an awesome, easy-as-anything lemonade that's ready in the time it takes for the sugar to dissolve.

Homemade Lemonade

- 3/4 cup sugar (link to the kind we use)
- 1 cup fresh squeezed & strained lemon juice (about 6 lemons)
- 6 cups water

Pour everything into a pitcher, stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour over ice cubes and enjoy!

I like to add frozen strawberries instead of ice cubes. Not only do they keep it cool, they add a lovely hint of their flavor. I've doubled this recipe with rousing success. I can't recommend it enough!

Today I'm grateful for lovely rainy days. Especially when it means no garden watering!

Until next time,

No comments :

Post a Comment?