Tiny

While browsing Netflix today (it is, after all, my day off), I came across the new release movies. A particular one caught my eye: it's called TINY.

Tiny explores the tiny house movement, in which people give up their spacious homes for very small ones. We follow a young man, Christopher, as he builds a home on top of a tow behind flat bed wagon. Interspersed with cutaways to others who have built and live in tiny homes, the movie explores what it means to be home in a very touching way.

It goes on to discover the depths of the movement, which is revealed in a myriad of ways. Some people gave up their largess because of a near-death experience (or terminal illness). Others due to financial issues, but every single one of them realized that the meaning of life is not in things and possessions. Every person realized that life is not impressing others with material things, it is being who you are, it is doing what means something. They woke up from the endless race of things that many people don't ever even look up from.

I quite enjoyed the movie. It spoke to deep places in my soul, and it opened up a world I knew very little about. I can easily see myself among the tiny house owners sometime in the future.

I recommend it highly, if you get the chance!

Today, I am grateful that summer is here! Even if we are rushing headlong through it towards winter, I am grateful to be enjoying nice weather now.

Until next time,

No comments :

Post a Comment?