Finally it's Spring!

After a difficult winter that was much too cold for much too long, spring has come full force here. The crocuses are popping up and my gramma found the starts of the daffodils just the other day. Our lilac bushes have made their start by setting their buds.

Spring brings, of course, the growing season. While I'm still not sure if there will be a large garden this year, I did order two Cortland apples trees (self-pollinating), 3 blackberry bushes, 3 raspberry bushes, and 3 lilac bushes. I am ever so excited to get my hands into some soft, loamy earth and begin coaxing beautiful things to grow from it.

Here are the boys enjoying one of our sunny, beautiful days. Barkley (Barked Potatoes) on the left, Bailey (Bailey-Bug) on the right. They are long-haired miniature dachshunds.


The red squirrels and the blue jays were arguing over something outside my window this morning, and the robins are dotting the lawn, robbing it of worms when they can. Spring is finally here!

Today I am grateful for a long winter finally over and the promise of a beautiful (and warm!) spring ahead.

Until next time,

No comments :

Post a Comment?