Thunder Storms

Our first thunderstorm of the year came through very early this morning at 2am. I can't tell you how my heart sang when the thunder boomed and lightning lit up the night. Rain pattering against the windows - there are few sweeter sounds on God's green earth.

With the warmer weather comes line dried laundry. These long winter days where dodging laundry bars placed around the various heating vents is almost at an end! We will soon be able to use the long outdoor line. Just like there are few sounds sweeter than rain, there are few smells sweeter than line dried laundry. It's bright and clean and airy. Just delightful. Makes I feel like I should be singing Favorite Things from the Sound of Music now, adding in line dried laundry to the mix.

I have the afternoon off and I'm planning on making deviled eggs and crab pasta salad. Especially since the sky is once again turning dark and ominous. Now would be a great time for me to get my brand new tarp out and cover the compost to stave off some of the extra moisture, so I think I will add that to my to do list this afternoon.

Edited to Add:


I ended up putting the tarp on, but it's pretty haphazard, so next time I'm at the hardware store I'll find something more suitable for securing it down.

Today I am grateful for the beauty that this world has to offer. Whether in a sunrise or the tiny pink splotches on a beloved dog's paw, I am grateful that I can recognize and appreciate the beauty therein.

Until next time,

No comments :

Post a Comment?