Anything But Routine

I am making a thoughtful, concerted effort to enjoy my summer more than last summer. Last summer I was lazy and unmotivated. This summer, I am making a choice to not waste it. Sure I still sit in the evenings and watch tv. Sometimes I spend the entire day in my chair, but the vast majority of days I'm doing something!

Here's what I've been up to:

There are road trips with good friends...


Going places I've never been! Such as a trip to the waterfall on a back road I don't know.


Cookouts involving adorable chicks hanging out on shoulders. Makes me want chickens even more!


Edge of the East Sidney Dam, where we had a big barbeque. Long drive, but worth it!


Skipping stones at East Sidney Dam; and some of the views.


I've been playing a lot of Badminton lately. I'm not really that great at it.


And I've been playing with camera settings. Right now I'm loving the Macro setting; getting lots of cool shots!

By the way, I have a Canon Powershot A2500. I got it to replace my old Powershot which has, unfortunately, developed a black spot that shows up on the picture. Gramma got one and I liked it. Then it went on sale ($58.99) and I snapped one up!

I like it, it's a great point and shoot. I have to say though, that I almost never just post the photos straight out of the camera.

* I send all my photos through my (old and terribly outdated) Photoshop 7. (I wouldn't trade it for the new ones though!)
* I'm a big fan of PW's Action Sets. Even though most of them don't work well with my outdated PS.
* Also, I delete way more photos than I share with here or on my flickr, but ultimately I am more satisfied with the quality of the photos I've been taking this year.

Today I'm grateful for long summer days, sunshine, and sweat rolling down my back. Even though it means hot days, it also means honest work outside.

Until next time,

No comments :

Post a Comment?