A Plea (and Recipe) For REAL Waffles

What is that in your cart? Is it what I think it is? FROZEN waffles? Are you crazy? I'm very tempted to lower my eyebrows at you and scowl. (And then slap them out of your hand. And then gather them all up and throw them away forever... but I may be slightly overreacting at that point.)

BUT instead I will give you my family's treasured waffle recipe. We used to have these once every two or so weeks for breakfast. I quite love waffles in general, since I'm not a big pancake fan and I loathe french toast. (I know, I'm an awful person. You can't say anything about that that I don't already hear from my family on french toast days.)

Luscious.

Delicious.



Viva la waffle!

Definite member of the waffles over pancakes movement.

Okay, I'm done now. Please enjoy the waffles!
Real (Awesome) Waffles

- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar

Get that waffle iron preheating. (Link is to the newer model of the waffle maker we have.)

In medium bowl beat eggs until thick. Mix in milk and oil. Add dry ingredients, beat until batter is smooth.

Grease waffle iron. We use saved bacon fat.

Pour approximately 1 cups onto the preheated 4 section waffle iron. Close and back until done, about 5 minutes. (The light on our goes off when they're done.) Makes 2 4-section waffles.

Double or triple this recipe and keep the leftovers in the fridge. They fit perfectly in the toaster for easy warm up! Homemade Strawberry Sauce is amazing over these with some fresh whipped cream. I will link to it when I get that recipe up.

Enjoy!


Photo used under the creative commons license on Flickr. Photo taken by Brendan C.

Until next time,

1 comment :

  1. Yummy! I love homemade waffles! My husband makes them for breakfast every Sunday. Yep, he's a keeper. ;)

    ReplyDelete